Mario is the hero of the Mushroom Kingdom and the main antagonist in the A Koopa's Revenge series. He is the final boss of both games.
In the Final Battle against Mario in this game, he is in a giant robot suit. He has 2 phases. To trigger the second phase, you must fry both arms. To defeat him completely, you must fry the body. It is easy if you have a fire flower with you.
- He will swipe his arms at the side of the arena.
- He will swipe his arms at the side, moving them swiftly towards you. This is the best chance to strike.
- He will shoot a multitude of fireballs.
- He will fire his torso, which can be hit to deal damage to him.
- He will send a snake of spikes in the arena.
In the sequel, Mario has a wizard robe that you see at the beginning of each boss fight. He uses the wand he has to convert each foodstuff or object (a soda can, a salad bowl, an umbrella, a cheeseburger and a spaghetti dish) into their respective boss forms. In Mario's Castle, he will take off the robe and generate fireballs to attack you. To move on to the next phase, you must grab the axe so that Mario falls, then he throws himself to the next part of the battle.
There are 4 parts:
- The bridge from the original SMB (Super Mario Bros)
- A row of moving platforms over a bottomless pit
- A pool of quicksand over a ground of spikes
- And a (not-straight) row of Note Block.
Then after all that, you proceed through a pipe leading to the roof deck. When you see a green pipe, walk near it to trigger the next part of the final battle. This time, he has somehow transformed in to Monstario, a muscular version of Mario. He is impervious to all attacks. To defeat him, you must lead him to a part of the arena where there is a crack, and let him fall through it. He will fall on spikes and presumably die, though after the credits it is revealed he is not truly dead yet. If you try to exit through the pipe you came from, he will crush that too, trapping you until you die or beat him.
- He punches the floor, sending spikes towards the player.
- He will fire a massive laser that must be ducked under.
- He will make fireballs rain from the top of the screen.
He will snap the loose part of the floor and fall towards a set of spikes.
After you defeat Monstario, he will escape towards the nearest exit a Koopaling isn't already guarding, or, if you've rescued all the Koopalings, to the giant exit that leads to the Final Confrontation. Gather every silver coin in the game to discover the true final battle, Final Confrontation Mario.