This is a list of Objects/enemies/content that was removed or changed in one way or another in A Koopa's Revenge 2.
From Gameplay footages
A Koopa's Revenge 2 Gameplay Montage
- The whale sprite's less large and the X is near his teeth. Also they are thr redesign for the whale in verdion 3.0.0 coming in june 30th 2022
- The Shroompoint's helmet has a brighter red.
- In 2-2 after baby Mario, there is only one yellow block instead of 3.
- Also in 2-2, the night time background is different showing only a dark blue sky.
- Also in 2-2, the blocks near the first star coin are different
- the cave background is different
- Koopa's crouching's sprite is quite different
- Apparently, The Koopalings were supposed to be locked in Bubbles (pretty much like when the Koopalings are replaced with 1-ups when you unlock them) instead of stars.
- there are a few spooky versions of a few enemies in a ghost house level
- the map looks quite different
- The red switch palace has some differences: there are only 2 non-ground blocks and they're bright blue and there are no note blocks.
- Umbreltar's Eyes did not roll after doing the spin attack.
A Koopa's Revenge 2, Official Gameplay Footage
The footage shows only unedited gameplay of 1-3 " 'Shrooms Tops"
- The icons for completed levels are only yellow and for not completed levels, we have a black icon with a red M
- Near the first star coin, there's a message box.
- There's no music except for when the level is finished
- Instead of a Super Mario World goal sign, there's a Flagpole (like in Super Mario Bros).
A Koopa's Revenge 2 Gameplay 3
- The Fungi Beetles' top is light blue instead of green. It was changed to green due to the Fungi Beetles blending in with the background. The new redesign for fungi beetles in verdion 3.0.0 showing the Fungi Beetles are dark blue to not blending in with the background.
- In 1-2, the level's a bit different after the first falling platform with fewer ground blocks and two Fungi beetles on the ground blocks
- In the training level, In the room where you can change your character, instead of doors, there are pipes.
: green for Koopa, blue for Goomba, and orange for an upcoming character (in the final game, Shyguy).
A Koopa's Revenge 2 Underwater Gameplay
The footage shows only unedited gameplay of 3-1 "Razor Reef"
- The checkpoint flag still has the letter K for Koopa
- Goomba's small sprite is different.
- Goomba's Water flower sprite is different as well.
- the level ends with a flagpole just like in the 1-3 gameplay footage. This might prove that in the beta, all the levels would have a flagpole as an end sign.
A Koopa's Revenge 2, First Boss
The footage shows only the unedited gameplay of fighting the first boss of the game Popmo.
- Popmo's sprite has no mouth and has a more bright purple.
- It doesn't Jump as his main movement. instead, it walks normally
- You can't hit it with fireballs
- in his rolling state, it follows the player like a Koopaling fight from New Super Mario Bros Wii/U.
- It takes only 3 hits to beat.
A Koopa's Revenge 2 Demo
The video is a gameplay of a demo of A Koopa's Revenge 2.
This demo's very small and it only has one level: the one that would turn into "Baby Steps"
- The level's music is a Super Mario World Overworld Theme Remix.
- The level itself is quite different by the content of question mark blocks and objects placements.
- The only baby implemented in the demo is Baby Mario
- If you wait for a few seconds, baby Mario can look at the player
- when you kill enemies, they still have eyes and they can blink
- The checkpoint flag is definitely different than the final one. it has 3 colors: black, yellow and green.
- The Piranha Plants are also different and they look like the ghost version of the piranha plant but smaller.
- The Hud's quite different as well. Showing the P speed meter up instead of down and there's no box to contain your Item yet.
while in development, Lambta uploaded on Newgrounds a few news about the game in development. some of this news actually have screenshots to look at! Most of the screenshots look familiar but the last one shows a difference from level 1-2. instead of the two Fungi Beetles, there are two red toadlets.
Then there are these ones. The first screenshot seems to be an early world map and the second looks like another footage of an early/removed ghost house level.
There's also this screenshot which seems to be a regular overworld level.
However, the hud doesn't show the baby score and there's no similar level to this one either.
So, perhaps, this could have been one of the very first levels developed or could also be an early version of the all powerups level.
From the looks of this photo, the game was supposed to have 7 worlds instead of the 5 worlds there are in the final game. But the scrapped 2 worlds are added in the upcoming version 3.0.0
At the end of world 4, there would be the airship boss level, world 5 would be a Cloud world and world 6 would be a snow world with a boss level where the player would probably be in an igloo.
In the final game, there is only one complete snow level (4-3) with 2 partial ones (4-1 and 4-4), the only cloud level is 5-1 and the airship boss level has been moved right before the last Boss level.
In early 2009, Lambta showed a collection of the soundtracks he choosed for AKR2. Most of the soundtracks are the same as the ones in the final game's collection, but there are a few that are different.
Unused Enemies And Blocks
There Was unused enemies and blocks.
- What Looks like an old ice block
- A Frozen spiny flower.
- A POW Block. meant to be used in some levels.
- A Flip Block (Probably)
- A Unused Version For the brown blocks.
- A Green Star Block
- A Ghost Version of a toadlet.
- A Ghost Version Of Shroompoint.
- And A Ghost Version of sharky the whale. intrestingly. the ghost sharky the whale was seen in a trailer. and how it works can be seen in the Offical Gameplay Montage.
- Lambtaco dont releasing version 3.0.0 in june 30th 2022